It's time to go berry wild, while fresh berries are at thei summery peak. As if you could possibly tire of eating them plain, here are a bushel of berry good ideas:
* Puree or blend berries with sugar or honey to taste. Spoon over ladyfingers, ice cream, creme brulee, chocolate terrine, white chocolate or regular cheesecake, or any flavor mousse or sorbet.
* Toss berries into chicken or tuna salads or salads with exotic greens.
* Spoon some red, gold and black raspberries into tart or sponge cake shells. Heat a little jelly with orange- or berry-flavored liqueur and spoon it over the berries. Chill until dessert time.
* Drizzle raspberries with framboise (raspberry liqueur). Serve plain or with ice cream, sour cream, or yogurt.
* Stir together sour cream, honey or brown sugar, and framboise to spoon over berries.
* Scatter raspberries over grilled fish, chicken, or pork. Splash with raspberry vinegar.
* To make raspberry vinegar, pour 1 pint of white-wine vinegar over 1 cup raspberries. Pour into a glass jar with a non-metal lid. Cover and let stand about two weeks or until raspberry flavor and color permeate. Use in salad dressings, on fish or poultry, or splash into club soda.
* Stir berries into yogurt. Alternate layers of berry yogurt with whole berries in a snifter or wineglass. Serve for breakfast with a basket of hot breads croissants, muffins, scones and whole-grain toast.