Arthur W. Jones, ran auto supply firm

July 15, 1991

Arthur Wesley Jones, 68, who owned an auto supply business in Anne Arundel County, died Friday at the Anne Arundel Medical Center of a heart attack.

Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. tomorrow at the Barranco funeral establishment, 495 Ritchie Highway in Severna Park.

Mr. Jones, who lived in Manhattan Beach, was born in Severna Park and lived in the area all his life. He graduated from Annapolis Senior High School and served in the Army during World War II.

After the war, he was a civilian mechanic at Edgewood Arsenal.

Later, he was a diesel mechanic on Navy vessels for the David Taylor Naval Research Center in Annapolis.

In 1953, he began operating the Jones Shell Service Station in Severna Park, which he later sold. From 1961 until the time of his death, he owned and operated Colonial Auto Supply Inc. at two locations -- Severna Park and Pasadena.

He was a member of American Legion Post 175, Masonic Lodge 89 and Boumi Temple. He was Past Wagon Master of the Boumi Campers. He also belonged to the Broadneck Elks Lodge 2608 and the Maryland Sports Fishermen's Association. He was a past president of the Ar

nold Volunteer Fire Company and a past commander of the Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 18.

Mr. Jones enjoyed hunting, fishing and camping.

Survivors include his wife of 49 years, the former Dorothy Yingling; a son, Arthur W. Jones of Severna Park; a daughter, Deborah M. Miller of Mount Airy; his mother, Helen Jones of Crownsville; a brother, Dale T. Jones of Stuart, Fla., seven grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.

The family suggested memorial contributions to Shriners Hospitals, c/o Boumi Temple, 4900 N. Charles St., Baltimore 21210, or the American Cancer Society.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.