1. Only amateur photographers are eligible to enter. Anyone is eligible except employees of the Times Mirror Co. and their families, and employees of Eastman Kodak Co. and their families.
2. No rules or information about the contest will be given over the phone. The winners will be announced in the Oct. 13 issue.
3. Black-and-white or color pictures taken after Jan. 1, 1989, are eligible. The contest ends at midnight Aug. 12, 1991. All entries should be mailed to the Sun Magazine Photo Contest, The Sun, 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore, Md. 21278.
4. Snapshots may be taken with any make of camera. Winners of the Sun Magazine's contest will be chosen without regard to brand of film, but only those pictures on Kodak film will be eligible for entry in the Kodak International Newspaper Snapshot Awards.
5. A total of eight pictures may be entered by each contestant. Contestant's name, address and home phone number must be written clearly on the back of each print or on each transparency mount. Color or black-and-white prints may not be larger than 8 by 12 inches. They should not be mounted. Color entries may be submitted as prints or transparencies.
6. No pictures will be returned.
7. Contestants may submit pictures to only one newspaper participating in the Kodak International Newspaper Snapshot Awards.
8. A winning entrant must sign a statement on request that the picture has not previously won awards in any major contests, is not now entered in another contest, has not been nor will be entered in another photo contest, and has not been published in any copyrighted publication.
9. Important: Be sure you know the names and addresses of any recognizable person in your picture. To enter the picture in the international judging, you must be able to obtain the written consent of such person or persons.
10. Taxes are the sole responsibilities of the winners.