* Cleveland Indians -- Named Gordon MacKenzie first base coach.
* Texas Rangers -- Activated Mario Diaz (infielder) from the 15-day disabled list. Optioned Gary Green (shortstop) to Oklahoma City of the American Association.
* Los Angeles Lakers -- Resigned Randy Pfund (assistant coach).
* Milwaukee Bucks -- Signed Moses Malone (center) to a two-year contract.
* Denver Broncos -- Agreed to terms with Steve Sewell (running back) on a 3-year contract. Released Paris McCurdy (linebacker) and Jon Wood (defensive end).
* Detroit Lions -- Signed Scott Conover (guard), Cedric Jackson (running back), Franklin Thomas (tight end), Darryl Milburn (defensive lineman), Slip Watkins (wide receiver-kick returner) and Zeno Alexander (linebacker).
* Green Bay Packers -- Signed Johnny Walker (wide receiver). Announced the retirement of J.J. Wierenga (defensive end). Waived Mark Hall (defensive end). Relinquished the rights to Mike Weddington (linebacker).
* Houston Oilers -- Signed Kevin Donnalley (tackle) and Gary Wellman (wide receiver). Signed a six-year training camp contract with Trinity University.
* Philadelphia Eagles -- Waived John Teltschik (punter), Dave Baird (wide receiver), Paul McGowan (linebacker) and Jerry Reese (defensive lineman). Signed Scott Kowalkowski (linebacker) to two one-year contracts, and Dan Plocki (placekicker) and Chad Fortune (tight end) to one-year contracts.
* Phoenix Cardinals -- Signed John Miller (free safety).
* Cleveland Crunch -- Signed Zoran Karic (forward).
* Cincinnati -- Suspended Vincent Powell (tailback) from the football team indefinitely for disciplinary reasons.
* Nebraska -- Promoted Frank Solich (running backs coach) to assistant head football coach.
* South Carolina -- Named Steve Newton men's basketball coach.