* Minnesota Twins -- Placed Scott Erickson (pitcher) and Gene Larkin (outfielder-first baseman) on the 15-day disabled list, Erickson retroactive to June 30. Activated David West (pitcher) from the 30-day disabled list. Recalled Jarvis Brown (outfielder) from Portland of the Pacific Coast League.
* Chicago Cubs -- Optioned Shawn Boskie (pitcher) to Iowa of the American Association. Purchased the contract of Laddie Renfroe (pitcher) from Iowa.
* Philadelphia Phillies -- Extended the contract of Lee Thomas (general manager) through the 1994 season.
* Utah Jazz -- Tendered a qualifying contract to Jeff Malone (guard).
* Los Angeles Rams -- Signed Jeff Pahukoa (offensive lineman).
* East Coast Conference -- Suspended the Brooklyn College men's soccer program from the conference tournament for two years following the NCAA's two-year suspension of the program from the national tournament for unsportsmanlike conduct toward game officials in the 1990 national tournament.
* Arkansas -- Suspended Oliver Miller (center) from the basketball team for a minimum of two games and a maximum of three games, for his involvement in an off-campus incident.
* Clemson -- Signed Bill Wilhelm (baseball coach) to a three-year contract. Named Gary Burns assistant baseball coach.
* Davidson -- Named Boyd Schoeller assistant field hockey coach and women's club lacrosse coach and John Filar women's basketball coach.
* Duke -- Named Geoff Macdonald women's tennis coach.
* East Texas State -- Named Paul Peak men's basketball coach.
* Fairfield -- Named Kevin Clark men's assistant basketball coach.
* Gettysburg -- Named Bill Pfitzinger women's tennis coach.
* Idaho -- Named Blaine Bennett wide receivers coach.
* Indiana State -- Announced the resignation of Tracy Johnson (softball coach).