Surplus federal government food will be distributed to eligible county families Thursday.
Rice, applesauce, vegetarian beans, green beans, butter, flour, pork, cheese, cornmeal and raisins will be available.
Families qualify through participation in the following programs:Welfare; Aid to Families with Dependent Children; Food Stamps Assistance; Medicaid; the Maryland Energy Assistance Program. Families alsoare eligible if they have income less than 150 percent of U.S. poverty guidelines.
Household.. .... .Year. ... . .Week
1. . .... . .. .. $9,420. . ...$182
2. . ...... ..... 12,630. .. .. 243
3.. .. .... .. . 15,840. . . . 305
4. . . . . . .. . 19,050. . . . 367
5. . . .... . . . 22,260. . . . 429
6. . . .. .... .. 25,470. ... . 490
7. . . . . . . . 28,680. . .. .552
8. . . . . ... .. 31,890. . ... 614
addition . ..... + 3,210. . ... +62
"Operation Food Sharing" Sites:
* St. James Parish, 5757 Solomons Island Road, Lothian;
* First Baptist Church in Edgewater, near Routes 2 and 214, Edgewater;
* Mount Zion United Methodist Church, Route 198 to right on Whiskey Bottom Road;
* Heritage Church of God, 8146 Quarterfield Road, Severn;
* Mount MoriahAME Church, Forest Hill Avenue and Bay RidgeRoad;
* Annapolis Housing Authority, Eastport Terrace Recreation Center, Monroe and President streets;
* Annapolis Housing Authority, Annapolis Gardens Recreation Center, Bowman Drive to Croll Drive;
* Eastport United Methodist Church, 926 Bay Ridge Ave., Eastport;
* First Baptist Church, 31 West Washington St., Annapolis;
* Asbury United Methodist Church, 87 West St., Annapolis;
* Asbury Broadneck United Methodist Church, off Revell Highway, Broadneck Road before Cape St. Claire;
* Wayman's Good Hope AME Church, 100 Hoyle Lane, Severna Park;
* Lake Shore Baptist Church, 4613 Mountain Road, Pasadena;
* Grace Baptist Church, Somerset Road, Riviera Beach;
* St. Marks United Methodist Church, 1436 Dorsey Road, Hanover;
* Lloyd Keaser CommunityCenter, 5757 Belle Grove Road, Baltimore;
* Arundel Improvement Association, 705 Cross St., Brooklyn Park;
* Harundale PresbyterianChurch, 1020 Eastway, Glen Burnie;
* Salvation Army, 7483 Baltimore/Annapolis Blvd., Glen Burnie;
Information: 626-1900 or 956-6917.
PLAYGROUND AIDE TRAINING
More than 300 Anne Arundel County adults, and high school and college students, will attend a training program for summer playground directors, assistant directors, and staff assistants today through Thursday.
The three-day training session's subjects include arts and crafts, drug abuse prevention, handling emergencies and dealing with difficult children.
The students will then be placed at one of the departments 52 summer playgrounds for six weeks.
Training highlights include:
* Area Training
* Countywide training at Broadneck Senior High School.
* 9:30 a.m. -- Michele Park, executive director of Maryland Recreation and Parks Association, will speak.
* 10 a.m. -- Workshops on drug awareness led by Det. Harry Neisser of the Anne Arundel County Police; legal issues taught by Michele Dane of the Anne Arundel County Office of Law; and child abuse, by Det. Carol Frye of the Anne Arundel County Police.
* 1 p.m. -- Workshops continue, featuring specialevents, cooperative games, arts and crafts, and preschool programs.
* 9 a.m.-4 p.m. -- CPR training at Broadneck Senior High.