BASEBALL American League * Orioles -- Signed Shawn Curran (catcher) and assigned him to the Orioles' team in the Gulf Coast League.
* California Angels -- Activated Floyd Bannister (pitcher) from the 15-day disabled list. Optioned Bobby Rose (infielder) to Edmonton of the Pacific Coast League.
* Detroit Tigers -- Placed Jerry Don Gleaton (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 11. Sent Mike Dalton (pitcher) to Toledo of the International League. Activated Lloyd Moseby (outfielder) from the 15-day disabled list. Recalled Mike Munoz (pitcher) from Toledo.
* Kansas City Royals -- Placed Mark Davis (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list. Recalled Hector Wagner (pitcher) from Omaha of the American Association.
Texas Rangers -- Signed Jon Pitts (catcher) and assigned him to the Rangers' team in the Gulf Coast League.
* Toronto Blue Jays -- Sent Willie Fraser (pitcher) to Syracuse of the International League. Purchased the contract Mickey Weston (pitcher) from Syracuse.
National League * Cincinnati Reds -- Signed Yamil Concepcion (third baseman) and assigned him to Princeton of the Appalachian League.
* Philadelphia Phillies -- Acitvated Darren Daulton (catcher) from the 15-day disabled list. Sent Darrin Fletcher (catcher) to Scranton-Wilkes-Barre of the International League.
FOOTBALL (NFL) * New York Jets -- Signed Paul Glonek (defensive tackle), Louie Aguiar (punter), Mark Hayes (tackle), Mark Gunn (defensive end) and Dannie Lockett (linebacker).
* Pittsburgh Steelers -- Signed Richard Shelton (cornerback-punt returner) and Bob Kula (guard). Named John Norwig trainer.
COLLEGE * Metro Conference -- Named Bill Stokes supervisor of conference officials for women's basketball.
* West Coast Conference -- Named Jana Steel public relations assistant.
* Ball State -- Announced the resignation of Beth Kirchner (women's assistant softball coach).