A 14-year-old Pasadena boy lost a large chunk of his lip while playing with a brown chow chow dog in Gambrills last Wednesday.
The boywas tagging along with his father, who was working on a pool in the 900 block of Annapolis Road on Wednesday afternoon, police reports said. The chow chow was turned in to the county department of Animal Control and executed by poison gas yesterday.
Shirley Williams, the owner of the chow and another dog, told police she had warned the boy not to go near the dogs, which were kept in a fenced-in portion of the yard. The boy had been encouraged to play with the dogs by his brother, who told him, "Go ahead, they won't bite."