Mary A. Meyer
A Mass of Christian burial for Mary A. Meyer, a former C&P telephone chief operator and supervisor, will be held at 9 a.m. today at St. Matthew's Roman Catholic Church, 5401 Loch Raven Blvd.
Mrs. Meyer, who lived in Baltimore, died of a stroke Sunday at Church Home, a retirement facility at 101 N. Bond St. She was 90.
The former Mary Harrison was raised in the Govans area and educated in Baltimore public schools. At 16, she became an operator for the Chesapeake & Potomac Telephone Co.
In 1938, she married Albert W. Meyer, a silversmith for 50 years.
She became a chief operator and supervisor for C&P Telephone in the1950s and retired after 49 years of service in 1966.
Mrs. Meyer was a member of the C&P Telephone Pioneers of America, a civic and social group that organizes activities for retired C&P workers. She was also a past president of the Sunshine Club, a group within the Pioneers that sends get-well messages and gifts to club members who are ill.
Mrs. Meyer was a member of the Ancient Order of Hibernians, an organization for people with Irish heritage, and a member of St. Matthew's Church.
She is survived by four nieces, Rosemary Klitch Miller of Reisterstown, Mary Claire Harrison, Roseanne Harrison and Ilene Francis Hahn, all of Colesville; a nephew, Andrew J. Harrison, also of Colesville; and many great-nieces and great-nephews