BASEBALL Amercian League * Orioles -- Named Frank Robinson assistant general manager, effective June 10.
* California Angels -- Optioned Scott Lewis (pitcher) to Edmonton of the Pacific Coast League. Placed Junior Felix (outfielder) on the 15-day disabled list. Recalled Joe Grahe (pitcher) and Ruben Amaro, Jr. (outfielder) from Edmonton.
* Toronto Blue Jays -- Purchased the contract of Juan Guzman (pitcher) from Syracuse of the International League.
National League * Cincinnati Reds -- Activated Barry Larkin (shortstop) and Bill Doran (second baseman) from the 15-day disabled list. Placed Scott Scudder (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list. Designated Reggie Jefferson (first baseman) for assignment to the minor leagues. Assigned Calvin Reese (shortstop) to Princeton of the Appalachian League.
* Houston Astros -- Recalled Eric Anthony (outfielder) from Tucson of the Pacific Coast League. Optioned Karl Rhodes (outfielder) to Tucson.
* Montreal Expos -- Claimed Kenny Williams (outfielder) off waivers from Toronto.
* New York Mets -- Claimed Dan Schatzeder (pitcher) on waivers from the Kansas City Royals and assigned him to Tidewater of the International League.
* Pittsburgh Pirates -- Signed John Farrell (catcher) and Matt Ruebel and Deon Danner (pitchers).
* San Diego Padres -- Placed Ed Whitson (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 27. Purchased the contract of Brian Dorsett (catcher) from Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League.
BASKETBALL (NBA) * New York Knicks -- Named Red Holzman consultant.
FOOTBALL (NFL) * Kansas City Chiefs -- Signed Patrick Allen (cornerback) and Michael Harris (guard).
HOCKEY (NHL) * Boston Bruins -- Named Rick Bowness coach.
* New York Islanders -- Announced that Al Arbour (coach) will return for the 1991-92 season.
* Toronto Maple Leafs -- Named Cliff Fletcher president (general manager and chief operating officer) effective July 1. Announced the resignation of Donald Giffin (president).
COLLEGE * Southern Cal -- Named Jack Fertig assistant basketball coach.