Around the house
* Recycle frozen food trays and use as pet dishes. Compartments separate snacks, water and entree for your dog or cat to eat or drink whenever it chooses.
* Prevent cast-iron skillet from rusting. Place a coffee filter or paper towel inside pan to absorb excess moisture when storing.
* Store children's outdoor toys in 30-gallon garbage containers. Label contents on top of each lid and keep container close to the play area in your yard.
* Soak soiled white clothing in hot water and dishwasher detergent for a few hours to restore brightness. Launder as usual.
* Remove ashes from fireplace without spreading soot. Dampen ashes by spraying with a mist of water; scoop ashes into a box lined with damp newspapers; cover with a layer of wet newspapers before removing from house.
In the garden
* Fertilize plants and write the date on the fertilizer container so you will remember to feed flower beds, lawns and shrubs at the correct time.