* Boston P Roger Clemens has a 70-18 record in games after the Red Sox have lost.
* Nolan Ryan is 4-3 with a 1.88 ERA in the games immediately after his 7 no-hitters.
* Padres P Andy Benes is winless in his past 13 starts, dating to Aug. 24, 1990, but he hasn't pitched that poorly. He has a 4.00 ERA in those 13 starts.
* Dodgers P Ramon Martinez has given up just 1 earned run in his past 34 innings. He is 5-1 with a 1.60 ERA overall.
* Dating to the beginning of the 1990 season, the Angels are 27-11 in games pitched by Chuck Finley. The club is 66-85 with anybody else on the mound.
* Dave Winfield has 1 HR in 67 at-bats since his 3-homer game against the Twins on April 13.
* Three clubs remain perfect in save situations. The Angels are 8-for-8, the Royals 6-for-6 and the Dodgers 5-for-5.
* The Tigers, whose strikeout potential has been a hot topic of conversation since spring training, entered yesterday's game leading the majors in walks accepted with 130.
* Blue Jays 1B John Olerud has grounded into 8 double plays, most in the majors, and so has Minnesota's Kirby Puckett. The Mets have grounded into only 6.
* Talk about your classic short reliever. Angels left-hander Bob McClure has appeared in 5 games and pitched a total of 1 2/3 innings.