ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Herschel Walker, slightly embarrassed by his brief bout with carbon-monoxide poisoning, said mental stress and complicated contract talks with the Minnesota Vikings were not factors in the weekend incident that sent him to a hospital in Irving, Texas.
"There's no pressure on me," the Vikings' running back said. "Those things had nothing to do with what happened. It was just an accident.
"I'm more embarrassed than anything because of the way people are talking and writing about it."
Walker fell asleep in his car in his garage late Saturday night. Before raising the garage door, he started the car to take a drive with his dog, Al Capone. Walker realized he had forgotten something and went to an adjacent room.