Fifteen galleries and museums along the Charles Street corridor will offer free admission from 5:30 to 7:30 during tonight's "First Thursday" event.
The Tres Bon Trolley will offer free transportation between galleries running from the 300 block of N. Charles Street to the Maryland Institute on Mount Royal Avenue, and returning via Cathedral Street. Riders must show a Street Sheet newsletter, available at various galleries.
Joining the First Thursdays lineup are the 2nd Floor Gallery at 924 N. Charles St. and the New Factory Gallery at 928 N. Charles St. Following are the shows and other attractions:
* BAUhouse, 1713 N. Charles St., "The First Annual BAUhouse Benefit Exhibition."
* Cartuche, 511 N. Charles St., "Still Life and Landscape."
* C. Grimaldis Gallery, 1006 Morton St., "Recent Sculptures and Drawings" by John Van Alstine and John Ruppert.
* C. Grimaldis Gallery, 523 N. Charles St., "Recent Paintings" by Barbara Kassel.
* Craig Flinner Gallery, 505 N. Charles St., "The Spring Garden: Botanical Engravings before 1850."
* Eubie Blake Cultural Center, 409 N. Charles St., "Youthworks: Very Special Arts."
* Maryland Art Place, 218 W. Saratoga St., "Hairball."
* Maryland Institute, College of Art, 1300 Mount Royal Ave., "Senior Exhibition" at Mount Royal Station.
* Meredith Gallery, 805 N. Charles St., "Masterworks: Furniture by the Artist/Educator."
* New Factory Gallery, 928 N. Charles St., "Sculpture by Gigi McKendric."
* Partners Art and Framing, 11 W. Chase St., "Volker Schoenfliess: Ceramic Sculpture."
* 2nd Floor Gallery, 924 N. Charles St., "Watercolors: Marjorie Anderson and Louise Seward-Miller."
* Steven Scott Gallery, 515 N. Charles St., "The New Romanticism: Dramatic Vistas by Gallery Artists."
* Tomlinson Craft Collection, 516 N. Charles St., "New Clay Works" and jewelry by Roz Balkin.
* Walters Art Gallery, 600 N. Charles St., "African Improvisation: Textiles from Indianapolis Museum of Art."
L For more information, call Downtown Partnership at 244-1030.