Around the house
* Remove excess suds when hand laundering. Add a splash of vinegar to the rinse water and rinse garments again in clear water.
* For a quick spot cleaner on clothing, mix 2 parts water to 1 part rubbing alcohol and dab on soiled area.
* When you don't have any prewash stain remover, use hair shampoo on the soiled area instead.
* Stash a bay leaf in storage container when storing woolens. Clothes will smell sweeter and moths will be discouraged.
In the garden
* Clean lawn. Rake to remove debris. New grass will push up quicker after dead grass, broken branches and leaves are removed.