Body of missing security guard found in harbor City police report no signs of foul play.

April 25, 1991|By Monica Norton and William B. Talbott | Monica Norton and William B. Talbott,Evening Sun Staff

The body of a marina security guard who had been missing for nearly six weeks was recovered early today on a piling in the harbor near Canton.

The body of Colby McFayden, 28, of the 300 block of Wilson Blvd. in Glen Burnie, was discovered about 10 a.m. by a construction worker in the 1500 block of S. Clinton St., city police said.

Police say there were no signs of foul play and the victim was subject to epileptic seizures.

The body was discovered on a piling raised out of the water. Police say the body probably had been lifted out of the water during a flood tide in the harbor two days ago, but may not have been easily visible.

Police and divers from the city fire department had searched the waters around the piers earlier but found nothing.

McFayden, a security guard at the Lighthouse Point Marina in the 2700 block of Boston St., was last seen alive by a city police officer on patrol about 3 a.m. March 15. McFayden was to end his shift at the marina at 6 that morning but employees arrived at 8 a.m. and found some of his belongings, but he was missing.

McFayden suffered from epileptic seizures, police said. They theorized he had a seizure and fell into the water. Still clothed in a uniform, with badge and identification, the body was found in view of the marina where McFayden had worked.

Police said there are no apparent signs of violence.

McFayden's body was taken to the state medical examiner's office for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.

McFayden's brother, Brandon, an Anne Arundel County policeman, had been honored as The Evening Sun's Officer of the Year for community service this week.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.