* Los Angeles Dodgers OF Darryl Strawberry, who entered yesterday's game batting .206 with no home runs and 5 RBI, does not have any explanation for his slow start in L.A. "I'm not pressing," he said. "I just stink."
* The Houston Astros bullpen has given up 21 earned runs in 33 2/3 innings this season, but 15 of them have come in 2 innings.
* The Pittsburgh Pirates drew 54,274 for their home opener, then could not combine to draw that much over their next 5 home dates (52,820).
* The Chicago White Sox pitching staff gave up 11 runs, 24 hits, 23 walks and 9 extra-base hits in the club's first 6 games. In games 7 and 8, however, they gave up 26 runs, 31 hits, 12 walks and 9 extra-base hits.
* California Angels OF Dave Winfield had 3 home runs in his first 3 at-bats last Saturday night at the Metrodome. The Angels had 2 home runs there in 221 at-bats last year.
* The Angels won that game, 15-9, but set an American League record with 6 wild pitches.
* Texas Rangers reliever Brad Arnsberg allowed 3 home runs in his first 4 1/3 innings this year. He allowed 4 in 62 2/3 innings in all of 1990.
* The Milwaukee Brewers made more errors than any other club in the American League last year (149), but they have made just 2 since their 3-error performance in their opening game of the season.
* Chicago Cubs IF Gary Scott, when he heard that the White Sox lost, 16-0, in their first game at the new Comiskey Park: "Didn't anybody gong them?"
* The Dodgers were supposed to have one of the most power-packed lineups in the National League this year, but through their first 10 games, they had hit 4 home runs -- 3 by Juan Samuel.
* Former Baltimore Orioles 1B Eddie Murray missed 9 games total in his first 2 years with the Dodgers. He has missed 7 (through Friday) this year.