The Arthur Slade Regional Catholic School National Honor Society recently had a spring induction ceremony. Lifetime memberships went to Angela Foard, Marie Foty, Cynthia Kopkowski, Michael Massarinia, GrantPiromreun and Sarah Tucker.
Inductees were selected on the basis of scholarship, citizenship, service and leadership. They join more than 100 students selected for membership in Arthur Slade's Esprit Chapter since 1981.
* Composer, musician and storyteller Chris Patton will perform "The Tale of the Princess Namino and the Weather Dragon" April 17 for the student body, using his digital orchestra and featuring a video-harp.
* The Arthur Slade Home School Association recently honored Pat Toth for her spirit of volunteerism to that organization by presenting her with a plaque for "outstanding dedication and extra efforts."
Toth has been employed as an art teacher at Arthur Slade for fiveyears and has two children enrolled at the school, Jessie and Justin.
* Arthur Slade Regional Catholic School has announced that 1991 graduate Dominic Lascola has been awarded a full academic scholarshipto Archbishop Spalding High School in Severn. Natalie Welle has beenawarded a half scholarship to Archbishop Spalding High School.
Slade students Chris Swierczewski and Jay Elengical have been named alternates. In addition, Erick Shephard has been awarded a band scholarship to Spalding.
Slade students Elengical, Brian Deitz and DominicLascola have been awarded partial scholarships to Mount St. Joseph High School in Baltimore, and Swierczewski has earned a $2,000 scholarship to Cardinal Gibbons High School in Baltimore.
* Arthur Slade Regional Catholic School Advanced Band traveled to St. Louis School in Clarksville, Howard County, April 16 to perform for the school.
* The preparatory and advanced bands will participate in the 14th annual Instrumental Music Festival for the Archdiocese of Baltimore Seton Keough High School in Baltimore April 28.
Both bands will be evaluated, and the advanced band will also receive a rating. The Slade bands are under the direction of Wes Osment.
* The Arthur Slade Regional Catholic School Bands and Chorus will present a Spring Band Concert at 7:30 p.m. April 30 in the school auditorium, 120 Dorsey Road in Glen Burnie.
The public is invited.
* The Arthur Slade Intermediate and Junior High choruses will present a concert at 7:30 p.m. April 24 in the school auditorium. The public is invited.
* On April 23, Slade students who sold 30 candy bars during the recent Home-School Association fund-raiser will travel to Hardee's Restaurant at Cromwell Field for lunch with Janice McIntosh, the principal.
On April 9 and 10, McIntosh ate at Hardee's with hundreds of other Slade students who were successful candy bar sellers.