Eleven-year-old Quincy Collins, who had been hospitalized since an apartment building fire Wednesday that killed his mother and two brothers, died yesterday afternoon from smoke inhalation at University Hospital.
He had been in critical condition since being revived by paramedics after suffering a cardiac arrest.
His mother, Ramona Collins, and two brothers, ages 6 months and 18 months, also died during the two-alarm blaze that swept through their first-floor apartment in the 2300 block of Ocala Avenue.
Investigators said the fire may have been started by a cigarette that was dropped on a sofa when Ms. Collins fell asleep. A smoke detector had been removed.