Real estate firm partner
A memorial service for Dorothy L. Fitzgerald, partner in a real estate firm, Chase Fitzgerald and Co. Inc., will be held at noon tomorrow at the Second Presbyterian Church, St. Paul Street and Stratford Road.
Mrs. Fitzgerald, who was 84, died Sunday of leukemia at her home in Homeland.
She started in the real estate business in 1936 and founded the Dorothy L. Fitzgerald Co. in the early 1940s.
The present firm, which has offices in the Roland Park Shopping Center, was formed in 1967 in a merger of her company with the Roland Park Realty Co. and Chase and Davis.
She was one of the first women to be licensed as a broker by the Real Estate Commission of Maryland and to serve as a director of the Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors.
She was a member of the Woman's Club of Roland Park, the Baltimore Country Club, L'Hirondelle Club, the English Speaking Union and the Maryland Jockey Club.
The former Dorothy Lazenby was a native of Baltimore and a graduate of the Greenwood School.
Her husband, Delano Jackson Fitzgerald, a retired vice president of the Baltimore Gas and Electric Co., died in 1981.
A daughter, Dorothy Fitzgerald Ross of Baltimore, is a partner in the real estate firm and a granddaughter is an associate.
In addition to the daughter and granddaughter, her survivors include two sisters, Catherine L. Davis of Baltimore and Judge June L. Green of the federal District Court in Washington; two great-grandsons; and several nieces and nephews.
Linda Lee Lacher
Services for Linda Lee Lacher, who had worked as a waitress in an Italian restaurant in Dundalk nearly 15 years, will be held at 8 p.m. today at the Duda Ruck Funeral Home, 7922 Wise Ave., Dundalk.
Mrs. Lacher, who was 43, died Saturday of cancer at her home on Garden Road in Riviera Beach.
At the Squires Restaurant on Holabird Avenue, she was known for her smile, and old customers sought her out.
The former Linda Lee Lowe was a native of Dundalk and attended the Patapsco High School.
She was fond of spending weekends at the family's Ocean City trailer and of listening to music of the 1960s and 1970s from her collection of 45 rpm records.
She is survived by her husband, Donald H. Lacher; a daughter, Kimberlee M. Keener of Dundalk; and her parents, Clarence E. and Mary Lou Lowe of Dundalk.
Thomas V. Miller
A Mass of Christian burial for Thomas V. Miller, a Clinton businessman, will be offered at 10 a.m. tomorrow at St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church in Clinton.
Mr. Miller, who was 71, died Sunday after a heart attack at the Southern Maryland Hospital Center in Clinton, where he lived.
He had been president of the B. K. Miller Co. of Clinton since the death in 1965 of his father, who started the business in 1913. Originally a general store, it now includes a grocery and liquor store, a soft drink distributorship and a building supply business.
From 1966 to 1990, Mr. Miller was on the board of the Citizens Bank of Maryland.
A son, Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. of Clinton, is president of the state Senate.
The father was a native of Clinton and a graduate of the Surrattsville High School. He attended the University of Maryland.
He served in the Army in Europe during World War II and was a founder of the Clinton Post of the American Legion. He also was a member of the J. Paul Duke Post of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and of the Clinton Lions Club.
His survivors, in addition to Senator Miller, include his wife, the former Esther Clifton; three sons, Jonathan Miller of Arlington, Texas, and David and Mark Miller of Clinton; six daughters, Susan Miller of Bethesda, Melinda Miller of Richmond, Va., Judith Miller of Arlington, Va., Kimberly Miller of Columbia and Cynthia Levy and Nancy Miller, both of Clinton; a brother, B. K. Miller Jr. of Clinton; three sisters, Margaret Clifton, Mary Ann Miller and Catherine Bean, all of Clinton; and 22 grandchildren.
Earl K. Seybert
A memorial service for Earl Kleckner Seybert, retired technical director of the Davison Chemical Division of W. R. Grace & Co., will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1609 Kurtz Ave., Lutherville.
Mr. Seybert, 72, died of a respiratory illness March 25 at a hospital in York, Pa.
The former resident of Lutherville lived in Sarasota, Fla., for a short time after his retirement about 15 years ago. For the past 12 years, he had lived in Shrewsbury, Pa.
He worked for Davison for 35 years. Among positions he held were technical service manager and commercial development manager.
Some of his professional papers had been published and he held several patents. He was a life member of the American Chemical Society and the American Ceramic Society.
The native of Hazleton, Pa., was a 1936 graduate of the Hazleton High School. In 1940 he graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a degree in chemical engineering.