Duke was 2-1 favorite

It's your call

April 02, 1991

By nearly a 2-to-1 margin, respondents to "It's Your Call" correctly predicted that Duke would defeat Kansas in last night's NCAA championship basketball game.

In balloting that was cut off at 9 last night, 211 of the 322 callers (66 percent) said Duke would prevail after leaving the Final Four empty-handed four of the last five years. The other 111 respondents (34 percent) backed Kansas.

"It's Your Call" represents a sampling of opinions from certain segments of the community, but it is not balanced demographically, as would be done in a scientific public opinion poll.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.