Robbery Suspect Is Shot By Police

Police beat

March 21, 1991

A police officer shot and wounded a suspect after an armed robbery at a Glen Burnie fast-food restaurant yesterday.

A man with a .357 Magnum walked into the Kentucky Fried Chicken in the 8200 block of Robert Crain Highway about 10 a.m. and demanded money, police spokesmanOfficer V. Richard Molloy said.

The restaurant clerk put cash in a paper bag, and the robber ran out the door toward a wooded area. After employees called police, witnesses near the Greentree apartments spotted the man running and changing his jacket, Molloy said.

About 20 minutes later, Lt. Fred Geisker saw the man on Hiddenbrook Drive and gave chase in his cruiser.

"He (the robber) turned and pointed his gun at Geisker and then ran off," Molloy said.

Geisker followed him on foot to a home in the400 block of Knollcrest Road. The gunman hid in bushes, and Geisker,from the Western District Station, ordered him out.

"And that's when he (the robber) sprung out at him," Molloy said.

Geisker shot the man in the hip. He was taken to Maryland Shock Trauma Center at University Hospital in Baltimore, where hewas undergoing surgery.

The name of the suspect and his condition were not available yesterdayafternoon.

Molloy said the man, who will be charged with armed robbery, is a suspect in at least two other holdups since February.


A Lothian man was shot to deathearly Tuesday in Prince George's County in what police are calling adrug deal gone sour.

Timothy Lee Kidd, 24, of the 800 block Florenza Drive, was killed after he and a friend drove to the 1100 block of Nalley Road in Landover about 5:30 a.m.

Prince George's County police said that during the curbside drug transaction, someone shot Kidd in the back.

His friend drove him to a convenience store in Upper Marlboro and called police. Kidd was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said they have no suspects.


A fistfight escalated to gunfire Monday night in the Annapolis community of Robinwood.

About 9:30 p.m., a Severna Park man fought with three men near City Dock in downtown Annapolis, police said.

The Severna Park man was punched in the eye; his assailants then drove off with the victim chasing them.

In the 1300 block of Tyler Avenue, the three men opened fire. The bullets bounced off walls of homes and shattered a window.

No one was injured in the shooting.

Police were still looking for the gunmen yesterday.


A third suspect in the November pool hallshooting turned himself in to Annapolis police Tuesday night.

Gregory David Horne, 24, of the 2100 block of Willing Court in Pasadena,has been charged with attempted murder in the incident and was beingheld yesterday in the county Detention Center on a $35,000 bond.

Horne is one of three men charged in the Nov. 29 shooting at Brown's Billiards in the first block of Clay Street. Horne's brother, Tony M.Horne, 30, of the 200 block Clay Street, and Ernest Boney, 18, of the same address, were charged with assault with intent to murder.

Melvin Arnel Gatling, 20, of the Farragut Court, was shot four or fivetimes during the incident. Police would not say in which hospital heis recovering.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.