St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church in Columbia recently received a $5,000 check from Don Wood, Maryland National Bank regionalvice president. The money would be used to pay off the mortgage of St. John's house, a transitional shelter for economically disadvantaged families.
The check was contingent upon St. John's ability to raise all but $5,000 owed on an existing mortgage.
Wood is in charge of Maryland National Bank's 13 branches in the Howard County area.
CAPTION: Barbara Hope (left) and the Rev. Richard Tillman (center)accept a $5,000 check from Maryland National Bank regional vice president Don Wood.
WARD IS PROMOTED
Catherine M. Ward of the Columbia-based KMS Group has been promoted to assistant vice president, retail leasing. Ward was formerly director of retail leasing for regional real estate.
In her new position, Ward will supervise retail leasing activitiesfor KMS projects in Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, Owings Mills, Westminster and Wilmington, Del.
Ward has more than 10 years ofreal estate experience, including four with Ward Development. She also served as a real estate consultant for James D. Locke.
The KMS Group is a developer of commercial real estate, including shopping centers, office buildings and industrial parks throughout the mid-Atlantic region.
YMCA of Greater Baltimore has announced the following appointments:
* Heather Callister, vice president for child and youth development.
* Dennis Ditmer, group vice president for developing branches, extension services and marketing.
* Robyn C. Furness, vice president for financial, facility and human resource development.
* Daniel Hecker, group vice president for facility sites and property maintenance.
* Ronald Rubin, vice president for finance.