The state's elders are again invited to tell about their lives here and dreams for Maryland in the 1991 Senior Citizen Creative Writing Contest.
The theme for the fourth annual contest is "Maryland: Through Your Eyes."
Contest rules are:
* All Maryland seniors over 60 are eligible.
*Contestants may not be professional writers.
* Contestants must live in the county where the entry is submitted.
* One entry per person.
* Entries must be typewritten (double-spaced) or printed legibly, and limited to 600 words.
* Print your name, address and telephone number legibly on your entry.
* Mail your entry to the "Senior Citizens' Creative Writing Contest," coordinator Jolene Sullivan, Carroll County Department of Aging, 7 Schoolhouse Ave., Westminster, Md. 21157.
* Entries must be postmarked by April 9, 1991.
Carrollentrants will receive a personalized certificate from the County Commissioners during a local awards ceremony. All entries will be judgedby separate panels designated for the 23 counties and Baltimore City.
The 24 grand winners receive dinner and lodging for two, donatedby various hotel and restaurant establishments throughout the state.
For more information, call the Department of Aging at 848-4049, 876-3363, or 875-3342.