A 26-year-old Glen Burnie man was arrested on drug charges Wednesdayafter police say they found 15 grams of marijuana in his car.
Police say they stopped the car near Route 648 and Bertram Road at 10:30a.m. after an officer saw it had illegal tinting on the rear and side windows.
While the man was searching for identification, the officer saw aclub under the front seat. The police report says the man said, "Younever know when you will need something to defend yourself. Everybody has something in their car."
Police searched the car and found apair of nunchakus under the front seat, 15.5 grams of marijuana in agray gym bag on the passenger seat and nearly $2,000 in the man's pants pocket.
Paul Martin Myers Jr. of the 7800 block Cheverley Lane, Glen Burnie, was charged with possession of drugs with intent to distribute.
17-YEAR-OLD CHARGED AS ADULT IN BURGLARIES
Police havecharged a 17-year-old boy from Brooklyn Park as an adult in connection with a series of residential burglaries in 1989 and 1990.
John E. Beemer, 17, of the 5000 block of Wasena Avenue, was charged with five counts of burglarly. He was charged as an adult because of his extensive juvenile record, police say.
Beemer's latest arrest came last Dec. 12, when he, a 15-year-old boy and Charles Edwin Gojoshes ofBrooklyn Park, whose age was not available, were charged with breaking into the home of Karen and Kenneth Konig, in the 7000 block of OldStage Road, Glen Burnie.
Police say they have evidence linking Beemer to five other break-ins:
* Nov. 23, 1990, in the unit block of Coronet Drive, Linthicum, at the home of Kathline George. Someone forced a bedroom window open and stole $6,548 worth of property.
* Sept. 27, 1989, in the unit block of 10th Avenue, Brooklyn Park, at the home of James Griekson. Someone smashed out a rear porch door and stole an undermined amount of property.
* Dec. 6, 1990, in the 8900 block of Michele Lane, Glen Burnie, at the home of Flora Boyce. Someone pried open a rear basement window and stole $4,210 worth of property.
* Nov. 12, 1990, in the 8500 block of Bay Road, Pasadena, atthe home of Jane Wimmer. Someone pried open a side bathroom window and stole $5,000 worth of property.
* Nov. 29, 1990, in the 8400 block Byrd Road, Pasadena, at the home of William Stein. Someone forcedopen a rear basement door and stole $1,700 worth of property.
Beemer is being held at the Anne Arundel County Detention Center withoutbail while awaiting trial.
SHOTGUN BRANDISHING LEADS TO ARREST
A Prince George's County man was arrested Wednesday on charges he threatened to kill a man with a shotgun during a dispute over a parking space in Laurel.
Byron Dartwell Powers, 36, of the 5300 block of Emerson Street, Hyattsville, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
Police say the dispute occurred in the Shoppers Food parkinglot on Route 198. Details of the argument were not available.
During the dispute, police say, a man pulled a shotgun from behind the seat of his pickup truck and threatened to kill Kung-Ming Yeh, 51, of the 7600 block of Lexington Avenue, Laurel.
Then the man got into his truck and drove away. Yeh told police the truck had "Maryland Paving" written on the side door.
Police got permission from the owner ofMaryland Paving, located on Brock Bridge Road in Laurel, to search the company-owned truck and found the gun.
* A compilation of some ofthe crimes reported to Anne Arundel County police and state police:
7800 block of Tall Pines Court: Feb. 12, entry gained through front door; several items taken; total loss, $5,000
900 block of Victory Avenue: Feb. 14, entry gained through rear door of basement; camera taken; total loss, $550.
200 block of Old Riverside Road: Feb. 14, entry gained through front door; total loss unknown.