* Today: Empire State Building Run-up, 10 a.m., (212) 860-4455.
* Sunday: Washington's Birthday Marathon, Greenbelt, 10:30 a.m., 248-5619; BRRC Cherry Pie 10-miler, Patterson Park, 9 a.m., 566-RUN2; HCS Winter Series, Jeffers Hill Center, Columbia, 2 a.m.; Washington's Birthday 10-K, Greenbelt, 9 a.m., (703) 444-9215.
* Feb. 22: USA/Mobil Indoor Track Championships, New York; BRRC Awards dinner/dance, Overlea Hall, 7 p.m., 566-RUN2.
* Feb. 23: Washington's Birthday 5-K, Bay Hills Center, Arnold, 10 a.m., 760-9188.
* Feb. 24: Annual RRCA 10-mile Challenge, Howard CC, Columbia, 8 a.m., 964-8375.
* March 2: Last Train to Boston Marathon, APG, Edgewood, 11 a.m., 661-6099; Maryvale Prep 5-K, 8:30 a.m., 494-8649; Chinmoy 2-miler, Patterson Park, 8 a.m., 467-3223.
* March 3: Myers Pavilion 8-K, Brooklyn, 9 a.m., 882-5455; BRRC Spring 4-miler, Goucher College, 9 a.m., 566-RUN2; HCS Winter Series, Thunder Hill Elementary, 2 p.m., 730-4499; Bethesda Chase 20-K, Bethesda-Chevy Chase High, 10 a.m.; Los Angeles Marathon.
* Future book: BRRC Lady 10-K, April 8; Hagerstown Suns 5-K, April 13; Sallie Mae Cherry Blossom Chaser 10-K, Washington, April 14; Boston Marathon, April 16; Westminster Main Street Mile, April 17; Reservoir 50-miler, April 28.
* Marathons: Baton Rouge, La. (Saturday); Washington's Birthday Marathon, Greenbelt; Talent, Oregon (Sunday). Death Valley, Calif.; Townsend, Tenn.; Pensacola, Fla.; Fort Worth, Texas (Feb. 23). Flushing Meadow, N.Y.; St. Louis; Latham, N.Y. (Feb. 24). Last Train to Boston Marathon, Baltimore (March 2).