MARYLAND VS. DUKE * WHEN: Tomorrow, 1 p.m.
* WHERE: Cameron Indoor Stadium, Durham, N.C.
* RADIO: WBAL-AM 1090.
* OUTLOOK: The sixth-ranked Blue Devils (19-4) are riding high and leading the Atlantic Coast Conference with a 7-2 mark.
Junior center Christian Laettner leads the attack, averaging 19.6 points and 9.8 rebounds. Sophomore guards Bill McCaffrey and Bobby Hurley have picked up their scoring and junior Brian Davis, a Capitol Heights native, is a defensive wizard. Maryland's best chance for an upset is to hope to catch Duke looking ahead to Sunday's match with Louisiana State and Shaquille O'Neal. But don't count on it.
NIAGARA VS. LOYOLA * WHEN: Tomorrow, 7:30 p.m.
* WHERE: Reitz Arena.
* RADIO: WCAO-AM 600.
* OUTLOOK: These teams finished at the bottom of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference last year; this year they're two of the most improved teams. After going 6-22 last season, Niagara is 6-15 overall and 4-8 in the league after last night's 68-61 loss to Manhattan. The Purple Eagles' top player is Brian Clifford, a 6-foot-8 sophomore forward who is averaging more than 14 points and 10 rebounds a game. Tony Newsom, a sophomore guard, has better than four assists per game. Loyola has rebounded from last season's 4-24 record. The Greyhounds (10-11, 3-7) are getting more than 21 points a game from Kevin Green.
WILLIAM & MARY VS. NAVY * WHEN: Tomorrow, 1:30 p.m.
* WHERE: Halsey Field House.
* RADIO: WNAV-AM 1430.
* OUTLOOK: Navy has had the week off after Monday's 75-66 loss to East Carolina. The Midshipmen (6-15, 2-7 in the Colonial Athletic Association) are led by guard Erik Harris (19.4 points) and 6-6 forward Eddie Reddick (14.7 points, 8.3 rebounds). William & Mary (10-12, 3-6) has size up front with 6-8 Scott Smith (13.6 points), 6-6 Thomas Roberts (16.3 points) and 6-8 Ben Blocker (6.5 rebounds). The Tribe beat the Midshipmen earlier this season, 76-73.
CENTRAL CONNECTICUT VS. TOWSON STATE * WHEN: Tomorrow, 3:30 p.m.
* WHERE: Towson Center.
* RADIO: WCVT-FM 89.7.
* OUTLOOK: Although it had an eight-game winning streak snapped with Monday's 85-84 loss to Loyola, Towson State got back on track with Wednesday's 84-75 win at American. The Tigers (14-7, 8-0 in the East Coast Conference) beat Central Connecticut earlier this season, 82-72, led by Devin Boyd's 28 points. Central Connecticut (4-17, 2-5) lost its leading scorer, Obet Vasquez, in last night's 68-57 win at UMBC. Vazquez was averaging 23 points.
GAMES TONIGHT Men Chicago at Johns Hopkins, 8
Women Chicago at Johns Hopkins, 6
Fairfield at Loyola, 7:30
OTHER GAMES TOMORROW Men Goucher at Mary Washington, 4
Coppin State at Florida A&M, 7:30
UMES at Delaware State, 7:30
Mount St. Mary's at Monmouth, 7:30
Washington at Ursinus, 8
Salisbury State at Frostburg State, 8
Western Maryland at Moravian, 8
Morgan St. at Bethune-Cookman, 8
Women Central Connecticut
at Towson State, 1
Maryland at N.C. State, 2
Gettysburg at Western Maryland, 2
Goucher at Haverford, 2
Navy at UMBC, 2
Iona at Loyola, 2
Salisbury St. at Frostburg St., 5:30
UMES at Delaware State, 6
Coppin State at Florida Memorial, 7
GAMES SUNDAY Men Washington (Mo.) at Johns Hopkins, 2
Women Washington (Mo.) at Johns Hopkins, noon
Immaculata at Notre Dame, 1
Coppin State at Barry University, 2