The following is a list of support groups sponsored by the county Department of Health:
* Common Threads -- Open to HIV-positive individuals, partners and family members. Information: 222-7109.
* The Open Door -- counseling and related services for dealing with substance abuse and addictions. Information: Annapolis, 222-1244; Parole, 222-7265; Glen Burnie, 222-6725; Langley, 222-6665.
* Mental Health -- psychiatric evaluation, psychological testing, individual, family, and group therapy, crisis intervention, after-care, behavior modification. Information: Annapolis, 222-7162; Glen Burnie, 222-6784.
* Alcoholics Anonymous, Annapolis Area Intergroups, "The Red House," Duke of Gloucester Street, Annapolis -- a fellowship of recovering alcoholics who help each other maintain sobriety and share their experiences with others who may have a problem with alcohol. Information: 268-5441.
* Anne Arundel County Parents and Children's Support Group -- for parents of troubled youth exhibiting behavior problems, including use of drugs and/or alcohol. These groups follow the "Tough Love" philosophy. Information: 766-5770.
* Al-Anon -- for thefamilies of alcoholics. Information: 766-1984.
* Adult Children of Alcoholics -- for adults whose parents are alcoholics. Information:766-1984.
* Alateen -- for the children of alcoholics. Information: 766-1984.
* Chemically Dependent Anonymous -- people who share their experiences, strengths and hopes to recover from chemical dependency. The only requirement is the desire to abstain from all mood- or mind-altering chemicals, including all street drugs, alcohol and unnecessary medication. Information: 260-3009.
* Co-dependents Anonymous -- men and women whose common problem is an inability to form and maintain healthy relationships. Information: 938-0330.
* Narcotics Anonymous -- for people recovering from addiction. The only requirement is a desire to stop using all drugs. Information: 267-8952.
* Naranon -- for the families and friends of addicts. Information: 757-0458.