Dundalk Community College is hosting a series of events this year to mark its 20th anniversary. The first event open to the public takes place Feb. 24.
Through the years, the college has grown from a small, makeshift operation in a neighborhood church into a growing, developing institution offering 21 career programs and four transfer programs.
There are six buildings on the college's 60-acre campus on Sollers Point Road. A seventh building is to open this year.
College officials attribute the college's growth, in part, to its strong relationship with the community. For the last six years, the college ranked first among Maryland's community colleges in the percentage of its local community served, according to college officials.
Here is a list of some of the anniversary events open to the public:
* Annual Bull and Oyster Roast sponsored by Dundalk Community College Foundation, Feb. 24, 1 to 6 p.m., Martin's North Point. For tickets, call 285-9675.
* "Crimes of the Heart," March 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10, in the college theater. For show times or tickets, call 285-9667.
* The Maryland Ballet, March 24, 3 p.m., in the college theater. For tickets, call 285-9850.
* College Open House, April 7, from 2 to 5 p.m. Free admission. For information, call 285-9683.
* "Fiddler on the Roof," May 3, 4, 5, 10, 11 and 12, in the college theater. For show times or tickets, call 985-9667.
* DCC Foundation and Dundalk Community Theatre Gala, May 5, from 6 to 10 p.m. For tickets, call 285-9675.
* Baltimore County Youth Orchestra: May 19, 3 to 5 p.m., in the college theater. For tickets, call 285-9850.
* Foundation Golf Tournament, June 14, 8 a.m., Rocky Point Golf Course. For tickets, call 285-9675.
* Alumni Invitational Exhibit, opens Oct. 4, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in Dundalk Art Gallery. Free admission. Call 285-9884.
* Homecoming 1991, Oct. 5. Free admission. For details, call 285-9713.
* Dedication of the new building, the Roy N. Staten Center for Business and Industry in November. Free admission. Call the college for details.
* Second Annual Valuing Diversity Day, Nov. 7, College Center. Free admission. For details, call 285-9850.
* 18th Annual Christmas Crafts Festival and Colonial Holiday, Dec. 8, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Health/Life Fitness Center and College Center. Free admission. For details, call 285-9850.