Carroll County businesses are participating in a holiday card recycling program to benefit the St. Jude's Ranch for children, a licensed child care facility in Boulder City, Nev.
The center provides shelter, education and love to abused and neglected children, who collectthe cards annually and recycle them into new cards.
The recycled cards are sold for 45 cents each, with the profit used for excursions and pocket money for the children.
Locally, the cards are being recycled by Image Designers of Lutherville, BaltimoreCounty, and Baltimore Beauty and Barber Supplies.
A number of county merchants are serve as collecting stations for the cards. Insteadof throwing out your Christmas cards, bring them to any of these businesses:
* Westminster High School, 1225 Washington Road, 848- 0550. Take cards to Walter Dyky, vice principal, in the office.
* Westminster Duplicating and Business Services, 242 E. Main St.; Sandy Walker, owner, 848-2120.
* Harry's Lunch, 65 W. Main St., Westminster; Harry Sirinakis, owner, 848-7080.
* Harry's Sub Shop, Route 140, Westminster; Dawn, manager, 848-6474.
* Firestone MasterCare Service Center, 140 Village Shopping Center, Westminster; Terry, manager, 876-1949.
* Concepts Unlimited, JCK Shopping Center, Westminster; Carolyn Peters, owner, 848-7222.
* Hull Company, 1934 Mayberry Road, Tyrone; Linda Corbin, administrative assistant, 876-3694.