COPPIN STATE (5-8) * WHAT'S AHEAD: The Eagles are at home vs. UMES tonighand at home vs. Florida A&M on Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: Coppin rides a 16-game home winning streak into tonight's game . . . The Eagles (1-1 in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) have been off since Wednesday's 87-75 victory over North Carolina A&T.
LOYOLA (5-8) * WHAT'S AHEAD: The Greyhounds play at Navy tonight (7, WNAV-AM 1430) and then return to Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play at home vs. La Salle Thursday and at Iona Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: Loyola lost its fourth straight on Friday at Siena 76-42, to fall to 0-4 in the MAAC . . . One bright spot was Mike Wagner's career-high 12 rebounds, bringing his average to 6.9 . . . Loyola beat Navy last year, 81-74 in overtime.
MARYLAND (8-6) * WHAT'S AHEAD: The Terps host Virginia on Wednesday (7:30 and play at South Florida on Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: Maryland (1-2 in the Atlantic Coast Conference lost its first home game in 11 tries Saturday against Duke . . . Cedric Lewis had 19 points, 11 rebounds and seven blocks in the loss . . . No team had shot 50 percent vs. Maryland until North Carolina (50 percent) and Duke (57 percent) did so last week.
MARYLAND-EASTERN SHORE (3-9) * WHAT'S AHEAD: The Hawks are at Coppin tonight (7:30) and play host to South Carolina State on Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: UMES won its first MEAC game in three tries, 77-73 victory at Morgan State, on Saturday . . . Darrick Purnell led the way against Morgan with 21 points and eight rebounds.
MORGAN STATE (0-13) * WHAT'S AHEAD: The Bears play their second home game of the season tonight at 8 vs. Delaware State (9-4), and they stay home vs. Florida A&M on Thursday and Bethune-Cookman Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: Morgan State led at the half for the first tim this season, 38-34, but ended up losing its home opener to UMES, 77-73 . . . Sophomore guard Steven Haynes led the Bears (0-3 in the MEAC) with 19 points and added eight rebounds.
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (4-9) * WHAT'S AHEAD: The Mount is at St. Francis, N.Y. (5-6) tonight 7:30 and then plays host to Fairleigh Dickinson Thursday and Marist Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: The Mount had a three-game winning strea snapped and lost its first Northeast Conference game Saturday at Long Island University, 68-65 . . . John Miller (23 points, six rebounds) and Alex Watson (11 points, six rebounds) led the Mount.
NAVY (5-8) * WHAT'S AHEAD: The Midshipmen play two home games this week, vs. Loyola tonight and vs. Richmond Wednesday (both at 7, WNAV-AM 1430) before playing at George Mason Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: Navy fell to 1-2 in the Colonial Athleti Association with Saturday's 76-73 loss at William & Mary . . . John Haase (12 points) hit a three-pointer with 12 seconds left to pull Navy within 74-73, but Navy didn't score again . . . Eddie Reddick (19 points, 13 rebounds) and Erik Harris (17 points, seven assists) paced Navy.
TOWSON STATE (6-6) * WHAT'S AHEAD: The Tigers are home against Rider on Wednesday (7:30) and against Hofstra on Saturday (3:30).
* FASTBREAKS: Towson held off a late rally at Centra Connecticut to win 82-72 Saturday . . . Guard Devin Boyd tied his career-high with 28 points, going 8-for-11 from the field and 11-for-12 from the line for the Tigers (2-0 in the East Coast Conference).
UMBC (1-12) * WHAT'S AHEAD: The Retrievers travel to Bucknell (8-6) tonight play host to Hofstra Thursday and are at Rider Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: The last thing UMBC needs is another roa game. The Retrievers lost their 11th straight, 97-46, at Kansas last Thursday, getting only four field goals in the first half . . . Tonight's game is the first between UMBC and Bucknell.
* FASTBREAKS: Bowie State (6-7) travels to St. Paul's tonight after a strong showing in the Indiana of Pennsylvania Tournament over the weekend. Rayford Young and Aquila Matthews made the all-tournament team for the Bulldogs, who lost to the host team in the title game, 82-77 . . . Salisbury State (9-4), coming off its first victory over Washington College in five seasons, plays host to Frostburg State tonight at 7:30 . . . Western Maryland beat Moravian on Saturday, 74-68, to go 6-6 overall and 1-3 in the Middle Atlantic Conference-Southwest. The Green Terrors already have more victories than last season, when they finished 5-19.
* FASTBREAKS: Maryland (10-5) swept its first three ACC games, all on the road, and meets No. 2-ranked Virginia (14-1) Wednesday in Charlottesville for first place in the league. The Terps are at home Saturday vs. North Carolina . . . Loyola (3-9) lost at Iona yesterday in a MAAC game, 46-41. Deltonia Shropshire (10 points) was the only player in double figures for the Greyhounds, now 0-3 in the league . . . Annapolis High graduate Missy Quille is coming on strong for UMBC (7-6). She had 20 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists in the Retrievers' 94-46 win over Salisbury State (5-7) on Saturday . . . Tonight, UMES is at Coppin (5:30) and Frostburg is at Salisbury (5:30).