A memorial service for Dorothy Abbot Loomis, who was 101 and a charter member of the Hamilton Street Club, will be held at 11 a.m. to at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, Boyce and Carrollton avenues, Ruxton.
Mrs. Loomis, who lived in Ruxton for many years, died Sunday at College Manor in Lutherville after a short illness.
The former Dorothy Abbot was a native of Brooklyn, N.Y., and a 1911 graduate of Smith College.
She came to Baltimore in 1921 when her husband, architect Charles Dana Loomis, was hired to to work on the design of the War Memorial. Mr. Loomis, who died in 1963, also was technical director of the Housing Authority of Baltimore.
In addition to the women's club on East Hamilton Street, she was a member of the Church of the Good Shepherd.
She is survived by a daughter, Esther Loomis Harris of Franklin, Mich.; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
Relatives suggested contributions to the American Heart Association or the Church of the Good Shepherd.