LOYOLA VS. SIENA
* WHEN: Tonight, 7:30.
* WHERE: Alumni Recreation Center, Loudonville, N.Y.
* RADIO/TV: Home Team Sports, tape delayed on Saturday, noon.
* OUTLOOK: This should be a showdown between Loyola'6-foot-4 forward Kevin Green (23.3 points) and Siena's 5-11 1/2 guard Marc Brown (22.3), a preseason All-America candidate. The Greyhounds (5-7, 0-3 in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) are on the road for the 10th time in 13 games. Siena is 9-3 overall and 2-0 in the MAAC.
MARYLAND VS. DUKE * WHEN: Tomorrow, 1 p.m.
* WHERE: Cole Field House.
* RADIO/TV: WBAL-AM 1090, Ch. 45 tape delayed on Sunday1:30 p.m.
* OUTLOOK: The Blue Devils (11-3, 1-1 in the ACC) hammereGeorgia Tech at home Wednesday 98-57 and have seemingly righted themselves after last Saturday's shocking 81-64 loss to Virginia.
Junior center Christian Laettner (20.4 pts, 10.2 rebs.) is having a stellar season, while sophomore point guard Bobby Hurley is handing out 7.3 assists. Sophomore Bill McCaffrey scored a career-high 29 points against Tech, and junior forward Brian Davis chipped in with 16. Coming off a blowout loss to North Carolina in Chapel Hill, the Terps are working on a 10-game home winning streak, but Duke was the last road team to beat them.
$UMES VS. MORGAN STATE * WHEN: Tomorrow, 8 p.m.
* WHERE: Hill Field House.
* OUTLOOK: One of last season's few high points for Maryland-Eastern Shore was its 68-67 victory on Morgan's homecourt. This year the Hawks (2-9, 0-2 in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) arrive for Morgan State's home opener. The Hawks are led by 6-foot-5 sophomore Darrick Purnell, a guard who's playing out of position at forward because UMES lacks size inside, especially since 6-6 sophomore Leland Kent has been slowed by a knee injury. The Bears (0-12, 0-2) are led inside by 6-6 sophomore Glenn Smith (16.5 points, 6.7 rebounds).