Services for George W. Jackson, retired owner of a painting and paperhanging business, will be held at 1 p.m. tomorrow at the Leonard J. Ruck Funeral Home, 5305 Harford Road.
Mr. Jackson, who was 82 and lived on Newport Avenue, died Sunday at Union Memorial Hospital of complications of emphysema.
He retired in 1978 after starting Jackson Contractors in 1941. For five years before that he had worked for the Glenn L. Martin Co., now Martin Marietta Corp. A native of Baltimore, Mr. Jackson had worked in a candy factory as a young man and had been a member of the National Guard in the 1930s.
A member of St. Luke's Evangelical Lutheran Church, he was also a former president of a Hampden social group, the Victory Forty Club.
His wife of 40 years, the former Margaret Hochrein, died in 1982.
Mr. Jackson is survived by a daughter, Arlene Frances Abell of Baltimore; and a brother, Gilbert C. Jackson of Parkville.