The CRI building at 4815 Seton Drive in the Seton Business Park has been listed for sale at $1.96 million. The 23,883-square-foot complex was built on 3.86 acres in 1987 as corporate headquarters for CRI International. It was vacated in November, after CRI was acquired by the Shell Oil Corp. and CRI's research team was merged with Shell's Katalistiks Research Technology division in Houston.
The building contains 21 exterior offices, an accounting suite, three large conference rooms, an executive board room with a kitchenette, a large garden courtyard and an 8,030-square-foot laboratory.
Gail Chrzan, Paul Danko and George Quinn of Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate Services are the listing agents for the building.
Ms. Chrzan said the building would be ideal for a company seeking a corporate headquarters, research and development space, or "flex space" including room for storage and research.
Around the region:
* Maryland National Bank officials will join Harford County executive Eileen M. Rehrmann Friday to lay the cornerstone at the site of their new Bel Air Main branch, Churchville and Main streets in Bel Air. The branch will replace the branch housed in the county office building nearby and is expected to open by April 1. Kelly, Clayton & Mojzisek is the architect, and Porter Bros. Inc. is the builder.
* Construction of Leedmark, a "one-stop shopping hybrid-market," is nearing completion in Glen Burnie. The $10 million store will contain 130,000 square feet of selling space where consumers will be able to buy all of their basic food, non-food and apparel items in one place. It will result in the creation of 350 full-time and part-time jobs when it opens in the spring.
* Robert J. Aumiller, executive vice president of and general counsel to MacKenzie and Associates, Inc., has been elected and installed as president of the Maryland chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Parks.
* Manekin Corp. has been selected to be the exclusive leasing agent to market office space in the 23,000-square-foot, three-story building at 1313 York Road in Towson. The office and retail building recently was purchased by BBS Limited Partnership from the Baptist Foundation of Maryland. Manekin also has developed marketing plans for other Towson buildings, including 101 E. Chesapeake, 40 York Road, 1212 York Road and Heaver Plaza.
* A grand opening ceremony was held recently for La Petite Child Care Center, a joint venture of St. Agnes Hospital and La Petite. The Child Care Center has a capacity of 96 children and is on the grounds of the hospital at 900 Caton Ave. It was built to serve both the hospital employees and residents of the surrounding community.