A mass of Christian burial for Gertrude C. "Trudy" Luck, a nurse who assisted her husband's medical practice in Cherry Hill for 34 years, will be offered at 11 a.m. tomorrow at St. Veronica's Roman Catholic Church, 806 Cherry Hill Road.
Mrs. Luck, a resident of Washington Drive in Annapolis, died Dec. 27 at the Hershey (Pa.) Medical Center of cancer of the pancreas. She was 67.
A native of Pittsburgh, the former Gertrude Carlock was reared and educated in Cincinnati. She received her nursing degree from the Meharry Medical College School of Nursing in Nashville, Tenn., in 1945. During World War II, she served while still in school with the Army Nurse Corps and after graduation as a nurse at Homer G. Phillips Hospital in St. Louis.
On Dec. 26, 1944, she married Jerry C. Luck, a fellow Meharry graduate, and in early 1946 moved with him to Cherry Hill, where she assisted in his practice and worked in the community for the next 34 years. She moved to Annapolis after the 1983 death of her husband, who was known as "Doc."
Mrs. Luck was an active member of St. Veronica's Church, the Chi (Wives) Delta Mu fraternity, an auxiliary to the society of black physicians, and the Monumental Medical Society Auxiliary. She was an international traveler and enjoyed cooking and sports.
Mrs. Luck believed strongly in education and supported Meharry and other black colleges and universities.
She is survived by her mother, Della F. Carlock of Cincinnati; two sons, Dr. Jerry C. Luck Jr. of Hershey and Larry C. Luck of Annapolis; four sisters, Anne Marie Carlock, Della Burton, Ida Grant and Lucille Cargill, and two brothers, James Carlock and Frederick Allen, all of Cincinnati; and three grandchildren.
The family suggested memorial contributions to St. Veronica's Church.