American Football Conference * Cincinnati Bengals: They can win the AFC Central if they beat Cleveland and the Steelers lose to Houston. The Bengals can win a wild-card spot if they and the Steelers win and Seattle loses to Detroit.
* Houston Oilers: They can clinch at least a wild-card spot by beating Pittsburgh. They can win the AFC Central if they beat Pittsburgh and Cincinnati loses to Cleveland.
* Kansas City Chiefs: They have clinched a wild-card berth and can win the AFC West if they beat Chicago and San Diego upsets the Raiders.
* Los Angeles Raiders: They have clinched a wild-card berth and can clinch the AFC West title with a victory over San Diego or a Kansas City loss to Chicago.
* Pittsburgh Steelers: They can win the AFC Central title with a victory over Houston. If the Steelers lose, they can make it as a wild-card team if Cincinnati loses to Cleveland and Seattle loses to Detroit.
* Seattle Seahawks: They can win the final wild-card spot if they beat Detroit and either Pittsburgh loses to Houston or Cincinnati loses to Cleveland.
National Football Conference
* Dallas Cowboys: They can win a wild-card spot if they beat Atlanta or New Orleans loses to the Los Angeles Rams.
* New Orleans Saints: They can win a wild-card spot if they beat the Rams and Atlanta upsets Dallas.