The Automobile Club of Maryland (AAA) urges party hosts to take these preventive measures during their festivities.
BEFORE THE PARTY:
* Serve food to slow down the effects of alcohol.
* Use non-carbonated bases for alcoholic beverages to slow down alcohol absorption rates.
* Have non-alcoholic beverages available.
* Do not force alcoholic beverages on guests.
AFTER THE PARTY:
* Stop serving alcohol to guests about an hour before the party ends.
* Guests who have had too much to drink should not be allowed to drive.
Have them stay overnight or taken home. If necessary, take away the guest's car keys.