Chief Petty Officer Jon H. Seebo, son of Howard L. and Dorys Seebo of Pasadena, will be commissioned as a chief warrant officer on Jan. 2. He is stationed in Norfolk, Va., serving with Fleet ASW Training Center, and will be reassigned to Panama.
He has traveled to Spain and Portugal aboard the USS Lexington.
Seebo is a 1984 graduate of Anne Arundel Community College.
MILITARY SERVING IN THE MIDDLE EAST
The following area servicemen are deployed to the Middle East in support of Operation Desert Shield: * Navy Lt. j.g. Christopher M. Cook, son of Ramon J. and Dorist M. Cook of Laurel, whose wife Dana is the daughter of Carrol F. and Alice Hosmeister of Glen Burnie, is serving aboard the destroyer USS Spuance, based in Mayport, Fla.
He is a 1988 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and a 1989 graduate of George Washington University in Washington, D.C. He was recently promoted to this rank.
* Sgt. Donald M. Randazzo, son of Paul and Leona Randazzo of Glen Burnie, is serving with a fighting vehicle infantry from Fort Hood, Texas.
He is a 1985 graduate of Glen Burnie Senior High School.
* Pfc Christopher P. Moffatt, son of Maynard E. Moffatt of Martinsburg, W. Va., and Barbara K. Gange of Pasadena, is serving as a multichannel communications system operator from Fort Bliss, Texas.
* Marine Cpl. Murray Van Pelt, a 1983 graduate of Annapolis High School, is serving with Marine Fighter Attack Squadron-451, Second Marine Aircraft Wing, Marine Corps Air Station, Beaufort, S.C.
* Sgt. Michael E. Harger, son of Jean Stanton of Millersville, is serving as an infantryman from Fort Bragg, N.C.
BASIC TRAINING IS COMPLETED
The following area servicemen recently completed basic training:
* Spec. Andrew G. Bunker, son of Dr. Gerald E. Bunker of Annapolis and Elaine Boatin of Milbridge, Maine, completed training at Fort Dix, N.J. He is a 1989 graduate of Bristol University, England.
* Army Reserve Pvt. Alex W. Swartz, son of Patricia F. Clark of Arnold and William A. Swartz of Annapolis, completed training at Fort Dix, N.J. He is a 1989 graduate of Severna Park High School.
* Pfc Jeffrey C. Eastman, son of Melinda J. Swanson of Davidsonville, is serving as a cavalry scout from Fort Bragg, N.C. He is a 1986 graduate of Broadneck Senior High School.
* Marine Pfc. John R. Duly, son of William P. and Kathy A. Duly of Glen Burnie, completed training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, S.C. He is a 1990 graduate of Glen Burnie High School.
HUMBER RECEIVES ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL
Navy Chief Petty Officer Robert L. Humber, a 1973 graduate of Severn High School, recently received the Navy Achievement Medal.
He received the decoration for superior performance of duty while stationed aboard the destroyer USS Caron, based in Norfolk, Va.