* Age -- 52.
* Current position -- Assistant director of academic support programs for all sports at Rutgers University since 1985. Boylan also has handled the commentary on the Rutgers basketball radio network since 1985.
* Previous position at Rutgers -- Associate head basketball coach to Tom Young from 1973 to 1985, including the 1975-76 season, when Rutgers went to the Final Four.
* Prior basketball coaching positions -- Assistant to Tom Young at American University, 1969-73; varsity coach at Lansdowne High in Baltimore County, 1963-68 (45-25 record).
* Hometown -- Lived in Sudbrook and went to Milford Mill High School, where he was a 6-foot-4 forward on the varsity basketball team.
* College -- Lafayette College, Easton, Pa., where he played basketball and averaged about 15 points, graduating in 1963. Received a master's degree in history from Johns Hopkins and was a social studies teacher at Lansdowne High in addition to coaching basketball.
* Personal -- Boylan and his wife, Mollie, have a daughter, Heather, who is a senior at Rutgers and a basketball cheerleader.