Should D.C. get NL team?Two National League expansion...

It's your call

December 21, 1990

Should D.C. get NL team?

Two National League expansion franchises will be added for the 1993 season, and Washington is among six finalists. We'd like to know your thoughts on the possibility of baseball returning to D.C.

1. Would you be in favor of Washington getting a National League team?

2. Do you think a National League team in Washington would hurt the Orioles' attendance?

3. Would you travel to Washington to watch a National League game?

To register your opinion, call SUNDIAL at 783-1800 (or 268-7736 in Anne Arundel County) today through midnight Sunday. It's a free call. After you hear the greeting, you'll be asked to punch in a four-digit code on your touch-tone phone. Punch 4600 and you'll be connected with "It's Your Call," The Evening Sun's phone survey on topical issues.

"It's Your Call" represents a sampling of opinions from certain segments of the community, but it is not balanced demographically, as would be done in a scientific public opinion poll.

Look for the results in Monday's Evening Sun.

Davis' price too high for O's

The Orioles should stick with their youth movement and not trade four of their young players to Houston for slugging first baseman Glenn Davis, said two of three respondents to "It's Your Call," The Evening Sun's phone survey on topical issues.

Of 568 callers, 378 (66.5 percent) said trading the likes of Randy Milligan, Pete Harnisch and Steve Finley is too steep a price for Davis, who says it would take a five-year $25 million deal to keep him in Houston. The other 190 callers (33.5 percent) said the Orioles should acquire Davis, who has hit a total of 56 home runs the last two seasons.

"It's Your Call" represents a sampling of opinions from certain segments of the community, but it is not balanced demographically, as would be done in a scientific public opinion poll.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.