Brenton E. Myers, 66, who had owned Belle Meade Motor Sales in Brooklyn, died Saturday at St. Mary's Hospital in Leonardtown.
Funeral services will be held at noon tomorrow at the Brinsfield funeral establishment in Leonardtown.
Mr. Myers, who had homes in Melbourne Beach, Fla., and St. Inigoes, moved to St. Inigoes in 1976 after retiring from Belle Meade Motor Sales, which he operated for about 10 years.
The company was an outgrowth of Belle Meade Amoco Service Station and Auto Repair, which he started next to his father's business, the Belle Meade Market in northern Linthicum.
Mr. Myers worked at the market from 1937 until 1955, when he opened the gas station and garage.
He was born in Baltimore, graduated from Forest Park High School and attended Johns Hopkins University. He served in the Navy during World War II.
A member of the Glen Burnie Lodge of the Masons, he also belonged to the Scottish Rite and Boumi Temple and its Pa Po Peake Shrine Club.
He became interested in carving decorative wooden duck decoys and animals about four years ago and was a member of the Space Coast Wood Carvers in Melbourne and the Sebastian River Carvers of Barefoot Bay, Fla.
Survivors include his wife, the former Kevera Hauf; three daughters, Kay Myers-Benton of Potomac, Dar Myers-Christensen of London and Brenda Myers-Bohlke of Reston, Va.; a brother, Garland Lee Myers Jr. of Timonium; and two grandchildren.