City, county should get together

It's your call

December 17, 1990

It's time for the public school teams in Baltimore City to join the state high school association and compete for a true state championship, according to the majority of Evening Sun readers and other callers to SUNDIAL over the weekend.

Of the 301 callers, 212 (70 percent) said they were in favor of teams in the Maryland Scholastic Association uniting with their county counterparts in the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association. The other 89 callers (30 percent) said they like the situation as it is now, with the city schools remaining as a separate group.

"It's Your Call" represents a sampling of opinions from certain segments of the community, but it is not balanced demographically, as would be done in a scientific public opinion poll.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.