The following area members of the armed services recently completed basic military training:
* Marine Pvt. Clint D. Dougherty, son of Mary Gardner of Severn, completed training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, S.C. He is a 1990 graduate of Meade Senior High School.
* Navy Seaman Recruit David B. McManus, son of Donald B. and Sandra A.
McManus of Ferndale, completed training at Recruit Training Command, Orlando, Fla. He is a 1990 graduate of Cardinal Gibbons High School, Baltimore.
* Army Reserve Pvt. Christopher K. Schwartz, son of Connie J. Schwartz of Jessup and James D. Schwartz of Fort Meade, completed training at Fort Jackson, S.C. He is a 1988 graduate of Arundel Senior High School.
* Pvt. Kimberly A. Humphrey, daughter of Joan A. Savage of Annapolis, completed training at Fort Jackson, S.C. She is a 1989 graduate of Southern High School.
* Pvt. Kevin E. Fisher, son of Clayton E. and Roland D. Fisher of Severn, completed training at Fort Jackson, S.C. He is a 1990 graduate of Old Mill High School.
* Army Reserve Pfc. Malia L. Storrer, daughter of Gene D. Storrer of Annapolis and Anne E. Storrer of Indianapolis, completed training at Fort Dix, N.J.
* Airman Elinor P. McRae, daughter of Betty L. Garcia of Fredericksburg, Va., completed training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. Her husband, Lloyd, is the son of Lloyd and Klista McRae of Severn. The airman is a 1989 graduate of Meade Senior High School.
AREA TROOPS ORDERED TO MIDDLE EAST
The following area members of the armed services have been deployed to the Middle East in support of Operation Desert Shield:
* Navy Petty Officer 1st Class Robert E. Lentry, whose wife, Karen, is the daughter of Judith Crain of Laurel, is serving aboard the aircraft carrier USS John F. Kennedy, based in Norfolk, Va.
* Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class John E. Gustafson, son of Dennis M. and Norma L. Gustafson of Severn, is serving aboard the aircraft carrier USS John F. Kennedy. He is a 1981 graduate of Meade Senior High School.
* Navy Lt. Mark D. Rogers, whose wife, Judy, is the daughter of James O.
and Sally Jennings of Annapolis, is serving aboard the aircraft carrier USS John F. Kennedy. He is a 1981 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy.
* Navy Ensign Ricky L. Miller, son of Betty E. and Joseph R. Miller Jr.
of Odenton, is serving aboard the frigate USS Elmer Montgomery, based in Mayport, Fla. He is a 1976 graduate of Arundel Senior High School and a 1988 graduate of the University of South Carolina.
* Navy Fireman Michael J. Herman, son of Carol J. McAdams of Laurel, and whose wife, Collette, is the daughter of Trenton and Dorothy Williams of Severn, is serving aboard the guided missile destroyer USS Sampson, based in Mayport, Fla. He is a 1987 graduate of Meade Senior High.
* Pfc. Thornton N. Tucker III, son of Thornton N. and Barbara A. Tucker of Annapolis, is a radar operator at Fort Bragg, N.C. He is a 1989 graduate of Annapolis Senior High School.
* Spc. John W. Butler III, son of Cathy L. and John W. Butler of Annapolis, is a chemical operations specialist at Fort Bragg, N.C.
PRIVATE FROM SEVERN RECEIVES ARMY MEDAL
Pfc. Earl D. Middleton has been decorated with the Army Achievement Medal.
The medal is awarded to soldiers for meritorious service, acts of courage or other outstanding accomplishments.
He is a combat signaler at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
The private is the son of Earl D. and Gloria J. Middleton of Severn.
He is a 1988 graduate of Meade Senior High School.
2ND LIEUTENANT GETS PILOT TRAINING, WINGS
2nd Lieutenant Eric S. Rokke has graduated from Air Force pilot training and has received silver wings at Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
He is the son of Ervin S. Rokke of Fort George G. Meade.
The lieutenant is a 1985 graduate of the Air Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo., and a 1989 graduate of the Naval Academy.
NAVY DECORATES OLD MILL ALUMNUS
Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Robert S. Greene, son of Charles W. and Dolores M. Greene of Crownsville, recently received the Navy Achievement Medal.
He was decorated for his superior performance of duty while stationed with Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron-Three, Naval Air Station, Barbers Point, Hawaii.
He is a 1984 graduate of Old Mill High School.
MARINE IS TRAINED IN JET ELECTRONICS
Marine Lance Cpl. Eric J. Knotts, a 1989 graduate of Fort Meade Senior High School, has completed the Basic Avionics (aviation electronics) Technician Course.
During the 27-week course, conducted at the Naval Air Technical Training Center, Naval Air Station Memphis in Millington, Tenn., Knotts received basic technical instruction on the fundamentals necessary to perform entry-level aviation electronics maintenance tasks. In addition, he received instruction to enable him for further specialized training on operational aviation electronics equipment found in naval aircraft.