In Thursday's Accent Plus, columnist Michael Hill tempted readers with a quiz on some specific Baltimore-area locations from the film "Avalon." As promised, here are the answers,
provided by the Maryland Film Commission.
1. The community where the Krichinsky brothers first lived, welcoming Sam to America.
ANSWER: Corner of West Madison and Mount Vernon Place in Mount Vernon.
2. The locale of the dance where the Krichinsky brothers ar playing their violins when Sam sees his future bride.
ANSWER: Clarence Mitchell Court House.
3. The downtown neighborhood where the Krichinskys all ha houses.
ANSWER: Cliftmont Avenue (off Belair Road) in East Baltimore.
.` 4. The house in the suburbs. ANSWER: Woodlawn Avenue in Roland Park.
5. The first K&K discount store that sold televisions. ANSWER: Corner of Arlington and Hollins streets.
@4 6. The big, ill-fated, K&K discount warehouse. ANSWER: Corner of Thames and Bond streets, Fells Point.
7. The place where people sleep outside on the hot summe night.
ANSWER: In Druid Hill Park, on the west side of the reservoir.
4( 8. The country club with the pool. ANSWER: The Valley Country Club in Towson.
9. The beach. ANSWER: Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville.
% 10. The nursing home.
ANSWER: College Manor Nursing Home, Seminary Avenue, in