FOUR COMPLETE THEIR BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
The following area servicemen recently completed basic military training:
* Army National Guard Private George C. Klug, son of George L. and Judith A. Klug of Riva, completed training at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.
* Army National Guard Private Christopher P. Metzler, son of Paul W. and Sue E. Metzler of Millersville, completed training at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.
* Army National Guard Private Michael A. Mundy, son of Marlene G. and Thomas J. Bain of Odenton, completed training at Fort Jackson, S.C. He is a 1990 graduate of Old Mill Senior High School.
* Airman Okello J. Dunkley, son of Doris L. Dunkley of Springfield, Va., completed training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas.
13 AREA SERVICEMEN IN SPECIALIZED TRAINING
The following area servicemen recently completed specialized military training courses: * Marine Pfc. Abdul M. Sabur of Severna Park completed the personnel clerk course. He is a 1986 graduate of Glen Burnie Senior High School.
* Marine Pfc. Charles J. Saver, son of June L. Martin of Pasadena, completed the personnel clerk course. He is a 1988 graduate of Northeast High School.
* Navy Airman Apprentice Robert J. Shipley, son of Roger L. Shipley of Pasadena, completed the aviation electrician's mate course. He is a 1989 graduate of Glen Burnie High School.
* Sergeant Brian K. Watson completed a U.S. Army primary leadership course. His wife, Army Sergeant Jean G. Watson, is the daughter of Charles and Pat Elswick of Glen Burnie.
* Air National Guard Airman John J. Lowry, son of Darlene Lowry of Baltimore, graduated from the U.S. Air Force medical services specialist course at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas. He is a 1988 graduate of Baltimore Polytechnic Institute High School.
* Private Glenn A. Pierce, son of Robert F. and Susan W. Pierce of Arnold, graduated from the single channel radio operator course of Fort Gordon, Augusta, Ga. The soldier is a 1988 graduate of Broadneck Senior High School.
* Staff Sergeant Grant C. Howard, son of Ann E. Howard of Baltimore, completed a basic non-commissioned officer course.
* Army National Guard Private Ryan E. Hakala, son of Edward and Judy Hakala of Glen Burnie, completed the flight operations coordinator course at Fort Rucker, Alabama. He is a 1990 graduate of Calvary Temple High School, Millersville.
* Private First Class Charles B. Downs, grandson of Viola P. Walker of Annapolis, graduated from the electronic warfare/signal intelligence non-Morse interceptor course at the Navy Technical Training Center, Corry Station, Florida. He is a 1985 graduate of Annapolis Senior High School.
* Private Glenn A. Schunemann, son of Barbara A. Shaw of Deale and Robert P. Schunemann of Bowie, graduated from the electronic warfare/signal intelligence non-Morse interceptor course at the navy Technical Training Center, Corry Station, Florida. He is a 1989 graduate of Southern Senior High School, Harwood.
* Army Reserve Private First Class Steven R. Allen, son of Donald S. and Ruby J. Allen of Millersville, graduated from the combat signaler course at Fort Gordon, Augusta, Ga.
* Army Reserve Private Fred R. Davis Jr., son of Fred R. Davis Sr. of Annapolis, completed the traffic management coordinator course at Fort Eustis, Newport News, Va. He is a 1989 graduate of Glen Burnie High School.
* Marine Pfc. Michael S. McSpadden, son of Clarence and Joan F. Mann of Arnold, completed the basic engineer equipment operators' course. He is a 1989 graduate of Severna Park High School.
VINCENT BOOTH AWARDED COMMENDATION MEDAL
Sergeant Vincent E. Booth has been decorated with the Army Commendation Medal.
The medal is awarded to individuals who demonstrate outstanding achievement or meritorious service in the performance of their duties on behalf of the Army.
Booth is a unit supply specialist in Darmstadt, Germany.
He is the son of Vivian C. Booth of Annapolis and a 1976 graduate of Annapolis Senior High School.
SERGEANT PROMOTED IN U.S. AIR FORCE
Scott A. Phillips has been promoted in the U.S. Air Force to the rank of staff sergeant.
Phillips is an electric power production specialist at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
He is the son of Roger A. and Diane D. Phillips of Socorro, N.M.
His wife, Angie, is the daughter of William and Helga E. Jacks of Lothian.
The sergeant graduated in 1982 from Socorro High School, and received an associate degree in 1990 from City College of Chicago through the military extension in Germany.
HOPKINS STUDENT TAKES AIR FORCE TRAINING
Cadet James S. Blessing, son of James D. and Judy S. Blessing of Hanover, has completed a U.S. Air Force ROTC field training encampment at Lowry Air Force Base in Colorado.
Field training, usually attended by cadets between their second and third year of college, gives an opportunity to evaluate each student's potential as an officer.
The summer curriculum consists of orientation on jet aircraft, career opportunities, human relations education and equal opportunity training.