BASEBALL American League * Orioles -- Traded Dave Gallagher (outfielder) to the California Angels for David Martinez and Mike Hook (pitchers). Assigned
Hook to Rochester of the International League.
* Boston Red Sox -- Signed Matt Young (pitcher) to a three-year contract.
* California Angels -- Signed Ed Vosberg (pitcher). Traded Marcus Moore (pitcher) to the Toronto Blue Jays for Ken Rivers (catcher) to complete the Devon White trade.
* Cleveland Indians -- Traded Cory Snyder (outfielder) and Lindsay Foster (infielder) to the Chicago White Sox for Eric King and Shawn Hillegas (pitchers).
* Kansas City Royals -- Signed Dan Schatzeder (pitcher) to a one-year contract.
* Milwaukee Brewers -- Signed Edwin Nunez (pitcher) to a two-year contract.
* New York Yankees -- Agreed to terms with Steve Sax (second baseman) on a four-year contract extension through 1995.
Toronto Blue Jays -- Agreed to terms with Rance Mulliniks
(infielder) on a two-year contract.
National League * San Francisco Giants -- Agreed to terms with Dave Righetti pitcher) on a four-year contract. Traded Ernest Riles (infielder) to the Oakland Athletics for Darren Lewis (outfielder).
BASKETBALL (NBA) * Houston Rockets -- Waived Mike Woodson (guard). Activated Adrian Caldwell (forward-center) from the injured list.
* Minnesota Timberwolves -- Named Jim Brewer player personnel director.
* Orlando Magic -- Re-signed Morlon Wiley (guard). Placed Sam Vincent (guard) on the injured list.
* Utah Jazz -- Waived Eric Johnson (guard).
FOOTBALL (NFL) * Minnesota Vikings -- Acquired Jimmy Williams (linebacker) off waivers from the Detroit Lions.
* Phoenix Cardinals -- Waived Craig Patterson (nose tackle). Released Dana Wells (nose tackle) from the practice squad.
* Washington Redskins -- Signed Kelly Goodburn (punter). Waived Ralf Mojsiejenko (punter).
HOCKEY (NHL) * Detroit Red Wings -- Recalled Daniel Shank (right wing) from Adirondack of the AHL and Alain Chevrier (goalie) from San Diego of the International Hockey League.
* Minnesota North Stars -- Signed Jon Casey (goaltender) to a two-year contract.
* New York Islanders -- Sent Alan Kerr (right wing) to Capital District of the AHL.
* Northern Arizona -- Suspended Josh Oppenheimer (guard) from the basketball team until Jan. 7.
* St. Joseph's -- Announced that Eddie Malloy (basketball forward) has decided to transfer to an unnamed school.