Here's how you can deal with exercise addiction:
* Cut back on your workout routine.
* Alternate strenuous workouts with light and moderate sessions.
* Occasionally skip a workout.
* Stop when you feel pain.
* Work out with a less-ambitious partner, whose pace will slow you down.
* Cross-train via workouts in other sports to stress different muscles, tendons and ligaments.
* Try a gentler activity, such as brisk walking, to replace a strenuous one, such as full-court basketball.
* Develop interests outside of exercise and sports.