BASEBALL American League * Texas Rangers -- Waived Jamie Moyer (pitcher).
Toronto Blue Jays -- Added Denis Boucher and Mike Timlin (pitchers) and William Suero (second baseman) to the 40-man roster. Assigned the contract of Jimmy Rogers (pitcher) outright to Syracuse of the International League.
National League * Atlanta Braves -- Placed Marty Clary and Dwayne Henry pitcher) on waivers for the purpose of giving them their unconditional release.
* New York Mets -- Added Anthony Young and John Johnstone (pitchers) to the 40-man roster.
BASKETBALL (NBA) * League -- Suspended Dick Motta (Sacramento Kings coach) for one game and fined him $500 for pushing an official during a
* Atlanta Hawks -- Activated Jon Koncak (center) from the injured list. Waived Howard Wright (forward).
* Dallas Mavericks -- Announced Roy Tarpley (forward) will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury.
FOOTBALL (NFL) * Atlanta Falcons -- Waived Marcus Cotton (linebacker).
Miami Dolphins -- Placed Mark Clayton (wide receiver) on injured reserve. Re-signed Scott Schwedes (wide receiver).
* New England Patriots -- Re-signed David Douglas (offensive lineman). Waived Bob White (offensive lineman).
* Washington Redskins -- Waived Randy Kirk (center).
* Iowa -- Announced Dale Reed, guard, will transfer to Washington State at the end of the semester.