Active-duty Army units:
* 1st Armored Division, Ansbach, Germany (16,500)
3rd Armored Division, Frankfurt, Germany (16,500)
J 1st Infantry Division (Mechanized), Fort Riley, Kan. (13,000)
* 7th Corps Headquarters, Stuttgart, Germany (200)
* Brigade of 2nd Armored Division, Garlstedt, Germany (4,500)
* 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Nuremberg, Germany (4,500)
2nd Corps Support Command, Stuttgart, Germany (8,000)
Other combat support and combat service support units from U.S. and Europe.
Marine Corps units:
* 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C. (45,000)
* 5th Marine Expeditionary Brigade, Camp Pendleton, Calif. (15,000)
6* Maritime Prepositioning Ship Squadron, Norfolk, Va.
* Three aircraft carriers with appropriate escorts
Battleship Missouri and appropriate escorts
* Amphibious Group 3, San Diego
Army National Guard
(Total of 10,500, undergoing desert training in U.S.):
* 48th Mechanized Infantry Brigade, Ga.
* 155th Armored Brigade, Miss.
* 256th Mechanized Infantry Brigade, La.
* All numbers are estimates.